Brief Description of
Picture taken by Wayne Barsness on July 15, 2006
- Makoti is located one mile south off highway 23, just 24 miles
ND #83. Easy access to Minot, New Town, Garrison and Bismarck. To see a
street map of Makoti go to Makoti
- Among the many opportunities Makoti has to offer is a city park
swimming pool, tennis courts and a baseball diamond.
- Hunting and fishing are close at hand with both lakes and
aplenty. Check out Walleye
Fishing in the area.
- There is also an antique threshing museum and 100 RV trailer
- The North Shore Public School has a long history dating back to
it was founded. The school now consists of grades seven through twelve
with the elementary grades located in the nearby town of Ryder.
Water Quality 2010 Water Report
- There are three churches located in Makoti. They are Hope
Paul's Lutheran, and St. Elizabeth's Catholic Church. The members enjoy
group activities and support the spiritual needs of the community.
- Makoti boasts twelve businesses located in the area.
- Agriculture is the main business in our area. For updates on
check out Local Elevators
and prices or Agriculture
The cafe is open Monday through Friday from 8-4 and Sunday from 8-2.
Cafe was built in 1988, is fully equipped and owned by the Makoti
- Popular Stop Camping Site for Cross-Country Bicycle Riders. There
electrical hookups for campers plus a city park with swimming pool for
bicycle riders or tent campers.
Economic Development Opportunities for the Makoti Area!
Possibility of a Start Up Grant from the Magic Fund for new businesses.
- No Interest Loans
Possibility of a NO or LOW Interest Loan from the Magic Fund for new
Need Lodging while in the Area?
- New Town
4 Bears Lodge - 1-800-294-5454
Cottage Inn - 1-701-627-4217
West Dakota Inn - 1-701-627-3721
Sunset Motel - 1-701-627-3316
Parshall Motel Inn- 1-701-862-3127
Garrison Motel - 1-701-463-2858
How to Contact Us
For Information about the Makoti Threshing Show or the Museum call
For more information about Makoti you can call (701) 726-5771 or Email
us at MakotiND@netscape.net